These days it is very difficult to maintain a balanced diet while your on the go. You know that eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables is good for you, but you’ re constantly ordering the “Big Burger & Fries” and a large soda. Don’t worry, you can still get your fruits & veggies.
With a few tricks from the Paleogenics® team you can drastically increase the quality of the meals that you eat when you are out.
- Blend a fruit smoothie to take with you on your way to work.
- Pack a few fruits & veggies in your purse or briefcase to snack on during the day (e.g., bananas, apples, oranges, carrots, grapes, peaches, spinach, tangerines, celery or pears).
- When out at a restaurant, ask for vegetable stir fry, vegetable fajitas, veggie wraps, or vegetable soup.
- When ordering a sandwich, ask for extra veggies such as lettuce, tomato, onions, sliced peppers or cucumbers. Order a large side of veggies with your meal, or pick three or four veggie sides to create your own vegetable plate.
- Go to places that offer salad bars. Many times they have sliced chicken strips, or boiled eggs so you can still get some protein. You can even add fruit to your salad to liven it up.
- Ask the waiter or waitress to replace the french fries with a side of vegetables or a house salad.
- Start asking for water or unsweetened tea instead of soda or sugary fruit drinks. You can also ask to have fruit punches and lemonades watered down in order to reduce the salt and sugar content.
- Don’t order the “largest size”. If the only food to eat is “fast food”, have the smaller portion and then eat a bigger meal later, when you get the chance to eat “fresh”.
- Don’t add any extra butter, salt, sugar, salad dressings or toppings. These are packed with bad ingredients and because they make the food taste extra good, they cause you to eat more.
- Try to avoid cold cuts, hot dogs, cheese steaks and other types of deli style sides. You may pay a little more for a fresh chopped chicken cutlet or chunk of salmon but it’s worth it.
Make up for it at home – Sometimes you can’t control what you eat when your at work, so make sure what you eat at home is 100% natural and preservative free. Many people think that eating an all natural diet can be expensive. In some cases it can be, but if you watch what you are buying and catch a few sales here and there; you can keep the cost down.
If you have any tricks on how to eat healthy while you’re on the run, please respond below.
#paleofitness #paleogenics #paleodiet